Service and Maintenance Plan Terms and Conditions.
Please note : This is not an insurance policy!
Administrator, We, Us or 24/7 Home Protect Services Ltd of Suite 4 Richmond House, Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, Dorset BH1 1DA who are responsible for providing repair and maintenance service subscription plans on home appliances listed in the agreement.
You, Your, Agreement: The party set out on your repair and maintenance service subscription agreement document.
Repair and maintenance service subscription Agreement period: The period of Agreement as defined in your repair and maintenance service subscription agreement document. Repair and maintenance service subscription Agreement benefits: Benefits that the Agreement Holder receives in respect of their repair and maintenance service subscription Agreement.
Repair and maintenance subscription Service Agreement: The scheme/agreement that entitles the Agreement Holder to the various repair and maintenance service plan/subscription Agreement benefits.
WHAT IS PROVIDED
• The cost covers an engineer visit to inspect home appliances listed in the Service Agreement document. The inspection will include answering any questions on the use and functionality of the item and (subject to what is not provided below) carrying out repairs and maintenance that is required. You may choose when you wish the service visit to take place and we will contact you during the term of the agreement to arrange a visit if we have not heard from you.
• When you contact us to arrange an engineer visit our customer support team will discuss your requirements and may also be able to answer any technical support questions you have in respect of the appliance. We are available to take your call Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am to 5:30pm on 0333 212 5947.
• In the event of a maintenance or repair request at our discretion we will request a £80 admin fee if we believe there to be a pre-existing fault to the appliance. If, following the service visit this is not the case, this will be refunded back to you.
WHAT IS NOT PROVIDED
• Repairs on appliances will not be provided if they are still under manufacturer’s warranty.
• Repairs of appliances arising from or in the event of:
- The appliance being recalled by the manufacturer or due to generic manufacturing defect or any other reason.
- Any unauthorised modification of the appliance including (without limitation) any upgrade not authorised by the manufacturer or addition of any non-approved accessories.
- Your failure to follow the Appliance operating instructions.
- Use of Your Appliance in a non-domestic or commercial environment.
- Theft, attempted theft, malicious damage or damage caused by fire or explosion.
- Any problem directly or indirectly caused by domestic supply of electricity.
- Any appliance maintenance request that in our opinion is deemed accidental or negligible damage.
- No fault being found with your appliances.
- Deliberate Damage.
• This Agreement will also not provide for:
- Work required by You to take place outside normal working hours (9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Sunday inclusive) or on Public Holiday.
- The re-sitting of your appliances.
- Appliances which require repairs to be undertaken outside the United Kingdom, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and Northern Islands.
- Costs arising from not being able to use Appliance.
- Property or personal injury or consequential losses caused by the environment.
- Cosmetic damage such as damage to paintwork or dents or scratches to the appliances.
- Replacement of any item that is intended to be replaceable such as fuses or batteries.
- Rust and or corrosion damage.
- Appliances not being installed properly.
- Appliances not repaired by our approved engineers.
- Any Appliance that is not working in accordance to the manufactures specification prior to the Service Agreement inception date.
- Appliances replaced.
RENEWING YOUR REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE SERVICE AGREEMENT
• Your fee shall be applied on a recurring basis as per the service plan length stated on your agreement. Unless notice is received in writhing (either by mail or email) of Your intention to cease your prepaid repair and maintenance subscription Service Agreement before the renewal date, it will be renewed automatically at the end of your agreement period. Cancelling your repair and maintenance service agreement
• Both you and the service provider have the right to change their mind about entering this plan at any time within the first 14 days. If you have cancelled the service agreement within this timeframe, we will provide you with a full refund. You cannot make a maintenance or repair request within the first 30 days of your service agreement from the date stated in your service agreement document.
• Once the cancellation period of 14 days (in accordance with the CRR regulation) has expired, you do not have the right to cancel the agreement or to a refund. However, the Service Agreement will not be renewed.
• This repair and maintenance service agreement will automatically be cancelled if you fail to pay all monies due.
• To avoid a cancellation fee, if you need to reschedule your service visit then please provide us with a minimum of 24 hours’ notice by calling the helpline on 0333 212 5947. If our engineer attends your property however, is unable to enter to conduct the repairs, then this will result in a £40 non-refundable fee. If your service agreement is support by the Direct Debit method, then this £40 fee will be debited from this account prior to any re-bookings being made.
If you wish to register a complaint please write to the following: Customer Service Manager, 24/7 Home Protect Services Ltd, Bournemouth, Dorset BH1 1DA. Please include your 24/7 Home Protect Services Ltd customer reference number, we will endeavour to resolve your complaint within 5 working days of receipt. This complaint procedure does not affect any legal rights you may have. Subject to Failure Usage Policy, at 24/7 Home Protect Services Ltd. we want all our customers to get the best repair and maintenance service agreements at the lowest possible price. This Fair Usage Policy is designed to prevent fraud and abuse of our service by a small number of users. Subject to this Fair Usage Policy 24/7 Home Protect services will provide maintenance service appointments and requests for the agreed appliances listed on the agreement as well as customer and technical support for when you make a repair or maintenance request. 24/7 Home Protect Services Limited service plans are for individual use only and do not cover business or commercial usage policy (“Legitimate Use”). The following is a non-exhaustive list of practices that would not be considered
• Using Service Agreements to cover business or commercial installations.
• Sharing of Services provided under your repair and maintenance service agreement to the benefit of a third party.
• Unusual service requests inconsistent with normal individual usage, for example, regular requests for engineer call-outs.
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) In accordance with Part 4 of 2015 no.542 Consumer Protection, the Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes (Competent Authorities and Information_ Regulations 2016 we inform you that ADR Group (www.consumer-dispute.co.uk) is our ADR Entity. At such time as we have exhausted our internal complaints procedure, and have been unable to settle that complaint satisfactorily, ADR Group will be competent to deal with that complaint. Should the customer wish to use alternative dispute resolution, we will be obliged, and prepared, to submit to an alternative dispute resolution procedure operated by ADR Group.